Hair loss treatment and the causes of hair loss
Causes of hair loss
- genetics or family history
- environmental factors i.e. stress or illness
Male hair loss
- approximately 85% of men experience thinning hair by age 50
- 1 in 5 men in their 20s experience significant balding
- 1 in 3 men in their 30s experience significant balding
- ½ of all men in their 40s experience significant balding
Hair loss in women – or Female Pattern Baldness (FPB) – is characterised by generalised hair thinning and widening of the scalp parting. As with men, hair loss in women is influenced by the androgen hormone. However, doctors believe that over 30 other hormones may also play a role in FPB.
- 55% of women experience some female pattern hair loss (FPHL) with age
- 20% of women develop moderate or severe hair loss
- 40% of women show signs of FPHL by age 50
Hair loss treatment options
Even though both men and women suffer hair loss, treatment options vary slightly. Here’s a brief outline:
Early stage hair loss – men
At this stage, re-growing your natural hair is the best option. Using our medical RealGROWTH® hair loss treatment, you do just that with outstanding results, we have a 98% success rate.*
Advanced hair loss – men
If your hair loss is in the more advanced stages, you can consider RealHAIR hair transplants. This single follicle transfer technique restores your hair the same way you lost it – one follicle at a time.
Final stages of hair loss – men
If you have lost the majority of your hair, the RealLOOK hair system offers a natural replacement utilising advanced invisible hair line technology.
All stages of hair loss – women
In contrast to male hair loss treatment solutions, female treatments can be a little more complicated. Hair loss treatment must be carefully personalised to ensure the right fit for you. Your hair loss consultant will book you in for a blood test to determine the exact cause of your hair loss as this dictates your treatment.
Broadly speaking, there are two treatment options:
- Laser caps – a wear-at-home low-level laser treatment that stimulates your hair follicles and encourages re-growth
- RealGROWTH® – a ‘combination’ medical hair loss treatment to help you re-grow your natural locks
Want to find out more?
In our experience at Ashley and Martin, people who seek hair loss treatment earlier, rather than later, are guaranteed the best possible results. If your hair loss is impacting your quality of life, we encourage you to contact us for a free consultation to discuss how we can tailor a personalised hair loss solution for you.